Tuesday, 26 August 2014

JAPANESE FASHION*


I've always found other cultures fascinating, specially Japanese culture. I find so interesting because it's completely different to mine, it's like another world for me. Even though fashion is nowadays similar all around the world, each country or area still has some specific things that define them and so does Japan. 

KIMONOS

We all knew what kimonos were before they were trendy, before we could buy them at stores like Tophop or Zara. However, as I explained in my post here classical kimonos are no exactly what we wear now. 

Kimono


You can pretty much find kimonos everywhere now but there are some  cheap ones at Missguided like the one above which is only £7!


LOLITA DRESSES

I recently wrote a post featuring styles that I find interesting but that I don't normally wear. I described one of this styles as an 'anime' style. I know now it's called 'Lolita' and according to Wikipedia:

"It is a fashion subculture originating in Japan that is based on Victorian-era clothing, but the style has expanded greatly beyond Japan.The Lolita look began primarily as one of modesty with a focus on quality in both material and manufacture of garments. The original silhouette is of a knee length skirt or dress with a "cupcake" shape assisted by petticoats, but has expanded into various types of garments including corsets and floor length skirts."


Lolita Dress


I found some very nice Lolita dresses on Tidebuy here, you should definitely check them out! 

What's your favourite thing about Japanese culture? 



post signature

SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig