Sunday, 19 March 2017

HOW TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG DAY




Now that days don’t seem to finish at 4PM anymore I start working longer hours as it seems like later is earlier - if that makes any sense. This means that I usually get home significantly later and sometimes it can be hard to unwind and relax to be full of energy the following day. It’s important to take time at the end of the day to clear your head and let your brain (and your body) breath after a long day of work or school. 

Before, when I got home, all I used to do was go on my laptop and watch YouTube videos for hours or a movie, have dinner and then watch some more videos before going to bed. But that didn’t help me destress or relax at all, if something it kept my brain awake and made it harder to fall asleep and relax. 

Now, whilst I still watch TV shows quite often (I am obsessed with Scandal at the moment),  I try to tone it down a bit and limit myself to one or two episodes and usually I have them in the background whilst I’m doing something else (i.e. whilst I take my make up off, clean my room, get ready for bed, etc). Here are my favourite ways to unwind after a tiring day.

Cooking


I find cooking quite therapeutic personally and even though sometimes I feel like I’m too tired to be bothered to cook something, I’m always happy when I do it and get to enjoy a home-cooked warm meal for dinner. I find the process of chopping vegetables, or making my plate look pretty so relaxing. Maybe I’m weird, but you should definitley try it. 

Skincare


There’s something about taking my make up off, using a soft scrub and maybe even a face mask that makes me feel purified, like my whole body has been cleansed instead of just my face. I love to try different masks, specially if they are peel-off masks - it’s so satisfying! I really want to try this black peel-off one that’s advertised all over Instagram, it looks painful but it also looks like it takes all the dirt in the skin away! 

Yoga


I don't do yoga regularly whatsoever, specially because I kind of suck at it but sometimes doing some exercise is exactly what I need at the end of the day and I'm not really feeling the treadmill. I find yoga clears my mind and relaxes me as it stops me from thinking about all the things I'm stressing out about during the day. I'm not a pro at all so I just go on YouTube and search for a short video.

Writing

When there's something specific that's bothering me or it's making days longer or more dreadful than usual I find that writing about it helps. Even if no one else is going to read it, it simply feels relieving to get it out.  




post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig