Wednesday, 22 March 2017

MY WORKOUT ROUTINE


The gym is a scary place... I know, trust me. Walking into that massive room filled with weird-looking machines and super toned and muscly people who seem to own the place is very scary. Until you actually go.

After the new year I started going to the gym (oh, what a surprise) and working out properly. Before I exercised fairly often but that limited to me going on the treadmill or constrainer for about 20 min and then calling it a day. Now I properly use the gym and I (sort of) know what I'm doing, so I thought I would share with you my workout routine or what I do most days. Obviously I do change it from time to time to keep it a bit more interesting, but that's what I've been doing recently.

Cardio


I always start with cardio, whether that is by running on the treadmill, going on the cross-trainer or both. I usually do around 30-45 min of cardio overall and then I'll go on the rowing machine for about 10 min, but sometimes less if I've gone too hardcore on the treadmill. 

Glutes

Also known as butt, this is something I never skip just because currently mine is pretty much non-existent. I start with the leg presser and I do 3 sets of 20 reps with 24 kg, I then go on the matts and do as many squats as I can holding a weight of 4 kg.

Abs

Oh, abs... maybe someday I actually get some. But for now I'll just keep working them out. I start by doing 4 sets of 20 reps on the abs cruncher, followed by two sets of 35 russian twists with a weight of 3-4 kg. I sometimes also do three sets of 10 sit ups, but only when I'm feeling like I own the world.

Arms

The rowing machine works out my shoulders and since my arms/shoulders are the weakest part of my body I'm pretty much dead after rowing for 10 minutes. But it's all about pushing yourself and going the extra mile. At first I was trying to use weights but I never knew what to do with them so I would end up giving up. Now I use.... machines. I would try to name them but I legit have no idea what they are and I barely know how they work, but I do know that my arms hurt the following morning so I guess it works?



I obviously adjust my workout depending on how busy I am or how tired - so for example if I can't get to the gym until 7PM I'll spend less time exercising than if I go at 5PM. So that's what I do when I have a good workout day, which usually happens at least three times a week.

I am honestly so proud of myself for sticking to my workouts for more than two weeks, it's never happened before. Have you been exercising much lately?



post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig